Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Market Risk Management is an independent risk group, reporting to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer (CRO), which identifies, measures, monitors and controls the financial risks related to movements in market prices. The organization serves as the key interface for discussing risk issues on a respective trading portfolio with the trading desks.
CIB Market Risk performs the following primary functions:
- Quantification of the risk of a potential loss of value in assets and liabilities due to changes in market variables, e.g. interest rates, equity and commodity prices.
- Ongoing monitoring and control of a business unit’s exposure to market risk through risk limits.
- Performance of stress testing and qualitative risk assessments of a business unit’s trading portfolio.
- Facilitation of efficient risk-return decisions.
- Regular dialogue with the trading businesses with respect to risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
CIB Market Risk is looking for an associate in New York to be a part of the Coverage team.
As a vital member of the Market Risk Organization, responsibilities & opportunities will include:
- You will be working in a cutting edge Risk Organization, utilizing a wide variety of trading analysis tools to monitor risk exposures and understand the factors that drive the profits and loss affecting the trading portfolio.
- You will be following the global financial markets, focusing on price movements and events affecting the trading portfolio, with the goal of highlighting top risks with the trading business and the Market Risk management team.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the wide-ranging suite of financial products traded by JP Morgan and the key risks associated with them.
- You will be challenged to be innovative in looking for threats and weaknesses in the risk profile and expected to be pro-active in bringing these to the attention of the trading business and the Market Risk management team.
- You will perform scenario analysis and stress testing, Conduct ad-hoc and regular risk analysis as well deep dives into various risk themes, and communicate findings
- You will be supporting other projects adhering to regulatory and internal control deliverables and guidelines.
- Strong academic background with a minimum Bachelor’s Degree. JPMorgan recruits from all academic disciplines.
- Team player and future leader with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills.
- Lateral thinker, tenacious, commitment to getting things done and detail focused.
- Ability to form constructive professional relationships with a wide variety of teams in the firm.
- Strong interest in an intellectually stimulating career within the Finance Industry.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite along with excellent written and spoken communication skills.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.