As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
We are looking for a strong Software Engineer to join our Nova Core Framework team in Jersey City to work on the build out of the firm’s new Wholesale Credit Risk Model platform, Nova. The Nova Core Framework team focuses on building frameworks and infrastructure to support the delivery of high performance risk calculation engines that deploy models for the firms Wholesale Credit Stress (CCAR, ICAAP, Risk Appetite) and Loan loss reserves (CECL, IFRS9) calculations used for Risk Management. Nova is built on top of Athena, JPMorgan's in-house trading, risk and research platform.
The Nova Core Framework team works closely with quantitative developers and modellers inside the Wholesale Credit Risk Quantitative Research (QR) group, an expert quantitative modeling group in J.P. Morgan and a leader in financial engineering, data analytics, statistical modeling and portfolio management.
We make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental and physical health needs or particular family considerations.
If you are passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
You will contribute to the development of the firm’s Wholesale Credit risk platform used for risk management and stress testing. Specifically, you will have the chance to:
- Play a key role in the design, architecture and implementation of the firm’s next generation stress and risk models platform for Wholesale Credit alongside our Technology and Business partner teams.
- Implement software frameworks and tools that support the development of models, back-testing and any other analytics infrastructure required for model development;
- Work with technology and the business to support the implementation, release and integration of models into the risk platform.
- Design and develop flexible, extendible and highly performant software frameworks and related tools that efficiently integrates pricing and forecast models into the platform;
- Optimize the end-to-end performance of our risk-management and stress testing processes.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The people who thrive in Nova are hands-on developers, who enjoy solving challenging technical problems. We want to hear from you if you’re someone who has strong computer science foundations and experience with numerical computing. If this sounds like you, then the Nova Core Framework teams could be the perfect place to grow your career.
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- You demonstrate strong software development skills as well as quantitative and problem solving skills;
- You are very interested in the application of software and high performance computing solutions to finance and risk management;
- You demonstrate strong proficiency in code design and programming skills in Python;
- You have experience with improving performance of software applications;
- You are proficient with tools and methods of exploratory data analysis, visualization and modeling in Python e.g., pandas, scipy, sklearn, Jupyter;
- You are good at communicating concepts and ideas, also via documentation, and you are keen to defend their validity and tailor messages to different audiences;
- You’re attentive to detail and easily adaptable;
- You’re enthusiastic about knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
Additional Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The following additional items will be considered but are not required for this role
- Advanced degree (PhD, MSc or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc;
- Experience with implementing quantitative software frameworks in finance;
- Focused on robust testing practices and test-driven development;
- Orientation towards careful system and solution design and implementation;
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.