The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in all general aspects of TCC marketing initiatives. This person will be the traffic coordinator for all projects related to the external brand of the TCC. The ideal candidate has existing educational background in general marketing, graphic design, and digital marketing, including social media platforms. Candidate should have basic graphics skills and working familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud – Illustrator, Photoshop, Spark, Premiere Rush, InDesign and others. Candidate will also be detail oriented, a self-starter, social media savvy, a creative thinker, a team player, and a strong communicator – both written and verbal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with Director of Marketing & Development to create and implement all aspects of the organization’s marketing plan.
• Market and publicize the work of the chorus through materials distributed to the public or news media including but not limited to press materials, playbills, flyers, newsletters, posters, promotional items, and logo usage.
• Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring brand strategy to assure external facing products are aligned with TCC’s mission.
• Assist in protecting the integrity of the TCC brand and all uses. Create and communicate branding guidelines to all constituents – internal and external.
• Work with the Artistic Director to create the concert program and any other performance related materials as needed.
• Manage relationship with external graphic designer(s) as needed for asset creation to supplement any external facing or production-related materials.
• Responsible for all social media content on all platforms, including curating media from TCC library and creating new media content as needed.
• Maintain and implement communications and social media schedules.
• Respond to comments, questions, compliments, and complaints on social media.
• Manage creation, production, and distribution of external facing collateral materials.
• Work with Director of Marketing & Development to create and oversee production and distribution of fundraising materials: proposals and reports to funders, mailings, e-newsletters, and e-blasts, etc. to individual donors and prospects.
• Manage redesign of website and update website content as necessary.
• Organize/analyze audience and participant surveys to improve and shape audience experience.
• Work on special projects, initiatives, promotions, and other programs as needed at the direction of the Director of Marketing and Development.
• Assist in the fulfillment of all sponsor benefits, especially recognition of sponsor in all digital and print.
• List all TCC events on relevant websites.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Theater/live entertainment/destination/classical culture marketing field a plus. Collaborative personality who is a team player. Innovative and creative thinker to generate help maximum exposure for the TCC and its members/patrons beyond traditional means.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Customer Focus - Incumbent’s interaction with internal and external customers. Requires putting yourself in the customer’s place, anticipating and meeting needs quickly and accurately. It also means following up and monitoring situation to be sure the customer is satisfied.
2. Representation of the TCC – Contributes to and promotes a positive image of the TCC throughout all areas of responsibility.
3. Job Knowledge – Understands the duties, methods and procedures required by the job.
4. Teamwork – Ability to interact and develop relationships with co-workers, give and receive constructive input, contribute ideas and viewpoints, adapt to changing circumstances and expectations and commitment to understand and remedy interpersonal conflicts.
5. Communication – Commitment to employing and promoting effective written/verbal communication as well as attention to content and process, and positive communication with staff, vendors, patrons and external customers.
6. Management of Resources - Ability to use time, money, technology and people as efficiently and effectively as possible. Makes suggestions to improve the resources that pertain to incumbent job responsibilities.
7. Technical Knowledge – Individual’s ability to demonstrate the specific skills necessary to the position using procedures, tools and equipment necessary to accomplish work.
8. Dependability & Time Management – Organizes work well and uses time effectively; attendance & punctuality fall within standards. Takes responsibility for actions and accepts responsibility for mistakes. Follows through on assignments despite setbacks; shifts priorities when necessary.