We are a non-profit organization that serves individuals living with HIV. We use a systems approach to support our clients in maintaining their retention in care and address their psychosocial and supportive service needs.
We are looking to hire a driver to connect clients to medical and support services throughout the Dallas service area. It is important for us to recruit professionals who enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment that embraces diversity in ALL of its forms (ethnic, religious, sexual preference, gender identity, etc.). Please see the description below for details.
The full time position is M-F with shifts typically ranging between 5:30 AM (early shift) and 5 PM (late shift), at 30 or more hours a week. Driver's shifts are rotated and assigned by the Medical Transportation Program Coordinator. We offer healthcare coverage, vision, dental, and 401K.
Title: Bilingual Medical Transportation Driver
Reports to: Medical Transportation - Van Ride Program Coordinator
Primary Functions: Drive clients to medical and support service appointments; able to drive variety of vehicles; helps maintain vehicle fleet; provides documentation; assists with other program functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives clients—provides safe and punctual van transportation of eligible clients.
- Follows assigned schedules of pick-up and delivery of clients and will be dispatched as needed; keeps in contact with Coordinator throughout the service day; achieves timeliness of scheduled appointments.
- Assists clients as needed in entering and exiting vehicles; provides monitoring of clients while on vehicles.
- Ensures consistent and ethical treatment of all clients. Follows all rules/regulations, standards, and policies/procedures at all times.
- Maintains professional conduct with all clients at all times; maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Agrees to drive safely in accordance with all driving laws and regulations.
- Maintains accurate records, including but not limited to, daily route sheet, client signatures, mileage records, expense records, and vehicle checklist. Provides service records for documentation of units of service.
- Drives vehicles in an appropriate manner observing all safe driving techniques, laws, and safety rules.
- Uses vehicles only for authorized purposes; no personal use of vehicles; parks vehicles in designated spaces.
- Helps maintain cleanliness, appropriate maintenance and repair of vehicles. Reports maintenance and/or repair needs, and follows up with Transportation Coordinator about them.
- Assists with other functions of program as assigned or needed – helps distribute bus passes or directly assist clients.
- Follows standards, policies and procedures, and program guidance for service delivery.
- Appropriately reports work hours; accurately completes time cards/sheets.
- Participates in staff meetings, training, in-service, and agency events as assigned.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
Maintains daily direct contact with Medical Transportation Van Ride Program Coordinator and/or COO; directly interacts with transportation staff and other AIN staff as needed; interacts with other service providers throughout the Dallas continuum of care as needed. Maintains professional boundaries and behaviors; appropriately represents AIN at all times.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- High school education (diploma or GED) or equivalent life/work experience.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Verifiable prior people driving experience preferred.
- Valid Texas driver’s license with clean driving record. CDL is preferred but not required.
- Maintains valid driver license and clean driving record.
- Driving skills appropriate to performing position; able to drive a variety of sizes of vehicles.
- Knowledgeable of Dallas service delivery area and able to use maps and/or other devices.
- Must pass criminal background check and have clean drug test; maintain clean drug tests.
- Clean; neat; able to communicate appropriate to the job.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and/or willingness to increase knowledge of HIV/AIDS and its effects on clients is required.
- Culturally sensitive; able to work with diverse clientele; able to work cooperatively with others.
- Able to work flexible hours (may include overtime); able to work a variety of shifts.
- Have own dependable transportation; able to arrive to work dependably on time.
- Able to do heavy lifting (at least 50 pounds); stoop, bend, reach as necessary to perform functions of job.
- Knowledgeable of driving laws and regulations; willing to follow laws.
- Able to work with close monitoring and supervision.
- Other qualifications may apply.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Monday to Friday
All vehicles equipped with Plexiglas protector shields. PPE supplied upon request.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Professional Driving: 2 years (Required)
- Valid Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person